We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work with us during this upcoming summer and help build our program. We offer a competitive wage for a short time commitment. We do offer free camp to children of the Camp Nurse if they are between a rising 4th through 7th grader.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure Healthcare staff, campers and staff have a healthy and positive experience at Camp Waldo
- Assist with Healthcare Center Set Up
- Participate in staff training leading sessions on First Aid, CPR, and other Health Center related sessions
- Review Medical records of campers and staff
- Conduct health screenings of campers and staff
- Manage medication for campers
- Attend to injuries
- Keep accurate, well-organized records
- Maintain the neatness and cleanliness of the Healthcare Center
- Schedule doctors’ appointments if necessary
- Prepare and distribute first aid kits throughout camp including camp vehicles, kitchen, offices, waterfront, and activity areas.
- Take on call night coverings
- Communicate with Directors daily as required about conditions at camp including health of campers and counselors and other items related to safety and sanitary conditions.
- Current licensure in nursing and able to practice in West Virginia.
- First aid/CPR/AED certified
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to work on a team in a fast paced indoor/outdoor environment
- Ability to work cooperatively and closely with peers and other staff members
- Strong communication skills and friendly demeanor
- Enjoys working with children
- Experience working at a summer camp or at a school and/or non-hospital/clinical setting preferred
- Ability to commit to contract dates (June 4th – July 3rd).
- Physically fit enough to walk around large camp property with ease
- Able to pass a background check
- $1300 per week.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Jonathan Walker-VanKuren, Camp Director